About | History | Corporate Leadership | Testimonials | Careers
About Solar Atmospheres,
A Commercial Heat Treating Company
Unsurpassed quality and capacity for vacuum heat treating and brazing
Solve your thermal processing challenges with our advanced technical expertise, world-class equipment, and quality assurance. Contact us today to learn how you can benefit from our:
- Over 70 furnaces with advanced ten to twenty bar quenching from lab-sized to one of the world’s largest commercial vacuum furnace (up to 48 feet long with a 150,000 pound capacity)
- Continuously upgraded, state-of-the-art furnace technology from sister company Solar Manufacturing led by CEO William R. Jones, a pioneer in the field of vacuum furnace technology
- Expert metallurgical consultation and R&D services for custom processes and unique challenges
- Quality results, responsive service, and coast-to-coast, 24/7 operations
- On-site laboratory for hardness and microhardness testing
The mission of Solar Atmospheres is to add significant value to our customer’s operations by thermally treating parts, principally in a vacuum environment, with an unwavering commitment to honesty in all relationships. We will strive to fulfill this mission while:
- Performing our work with an emphasis on quality and responsiveness
- Operating with an awareness and appreciation of the value of our customer’s parts while in our care
- Forever looking “forward” in the area of technical capabilities
- Demonstrating a willingness to “accept the challenge”
- Providing and maintaining a work environment that is safe, clean and reflects our respect for human dignity
- Providing our employees with an opportunity for personal growth, challenge and reward
- Maintaining a workplace that is environmentally friendly
- Sustaining long-term growth and profitability
Through our foundational strengths—processing skills, furnace engineering knowledge, metallurgical consultation, and commitment to service—Solar has gained a reputation for quality heat treating and responsive service.
Our customers regularly express appreciation for Solar and its people going the “extra mile.” Taking on the challenge as a commitment to new types of work is evidenced by the R&D work done for universities and national laboratories.
Solar Atmospheres belongs to leading industry associations.