Vacuum Oil Quench Heat Treating Services
Now available at Solar Atmospheres of Western PA!
Bright hardening and carburizing of alloy steels
Solar Atmospheres new Nadcap accredited vacuum oil quench thermal processing, with a 36” x 36” x 48” vacuum oil quench furnace, capable of safely quenching 2,000-pound loads without carbon potential concerns. With a 2000°F operating temperature and a 3,500 gallon capacity oil tank with a fully integrated SBS oil cooling, heating and filtration system. Processing materials under a protective atmosphere with an oil quench, providing precise results and repeatability.
The furnace’s unique capabilities tie vacuum processing for zero decarburization, along with fast quench delay provisions for an immediate oil quench immersion. It is the fastest cooling vacuum furnace in the Solar fleet, and one of only a few of its kind in the U.S.
- Case hardening
- 2,000 pound maximum load capacity
- 2400°F maximum operating temperature
- 36″W x 36″H x 48″L hot zone
- Completely enclosed 3,500 gallon oil tank with fully integrated heating, cooling and filtration
- Vacuum or protective atmosphere prevents decarburization and other types of surface contamination
- HMI and automated transfer mechanism ensure consistent and repeatable results
- Flameless and nonexplosive process due to vacuum atmosphere
- Quick turnaround for both heat treatment and material lab support
- Provides a full compliment of processing all materials
- H-1, H-2, H-3, H-4 Steels
- 300M Alloy Steel
- 4130, 4140, 4150, 4330M, 4340 Alloy Steels
- 5160 Alloy Steel
- 8620 Alloy Steel
- 8740 Alloy Steel
- 9310 Alloy Steel
- D6AC Alloy Steel
- M-2/M-4 High Speed Tool Steel
- O-1 Tool Steel
- 52100 Steel
- Aeromet 100
- And many other grades!
- Two electrically heated 36-48-36 temper furnaces
- One 36-48-36 electrically heated spray, dunk and agitate washer
- One 36-48 rotating lift and carry charge car, double ended
- Two 36-48 holding stations
- Two 36-48 scissors lifts